cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coax signal is causing bad pixelation

Simon287
Tuning in

Bad picture pixelation, diagnostics say coax signal is fair and could affect live TV, which it is, engineer came last week and changed all the connectors, worked fine for a day but now back to being bad again? 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Simon287 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to see the pixelation and also to hear it's now on both boxes.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

roy247
Superstar

You need to either call Virgin again on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your install may have multiple faults - the connectors could have been part of it, but until that's resolved you perhaps wouldn't have known there's also something else awry.

You're paying for a fault-free service and clearly need another tech visit, so call into report the problem again. Or wait on this forum a couple of days for a staff response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Simon287,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums, we are sorry your pixilation issues are still ongoing after the technician visit 😥 The other Super Users who have posted on your thread may be correct - There may be multiple issues with your services but we will help as much as possible to get it sorted!

I can see on your service that your box(s) may be switched off at the moment which is stopping me from going through any diagnostics.

Could you turn them on and let me know please so I can do my remote checks? 

Thanks,

Megan

Hi Megan, soory been away, the Interent is woreking great now 1140down and 105up the main TV 4k seems to be working well too, the downstair TV seems to work sometimes and sometimes get very pixelated too? when i run diagontics on it it goes from Signal good (good picture), to signal fair(pixelated)

all the connectors where changed last time the engineer came and worked well for a few days, but he mention they have been having trouble around this area of newark

let me know when you want them both on and i will do that?

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Simon287,

Glad to hear this has improved, with the boxes we wouldn't say there is anything directly affecting them or flagging as an issue, it might be as stated that there is a network issue that has occurred, did they provide any further information on this?

Joe 

Simon287
Tuning in

worse again this morning?

Simon287
Tuning in

It's really bad today, even sound is effected, what's going on 😢 both Tv pictures and sounds  are terrible 

Simon287
Tuning in

Now it's OK agsin, what the hell is happening around my area? 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Simon,

We are sorry that this keeps happening, as it is OK now please keep an eye on things, if it does get bad again please reach back out.

Regards

Paul.