cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicked upgrade to 360 but changed mind

Jworksop
Tuning in

Hello, I’ve clicked on the upgrade button for the 360 but no longer want to upgrade, is anyone able to stop the remote from being posted? What happens if it does come, can I just choose not to upgrade? I presume as I don’t click upgrade it will remain as it is?

5 REPLIES 5

KeithLeonard
Rising star

You will need to phone Virgin Media to try and get the update cancelled as soon as possible as a matter of urgency.

If you do nothing, the upgrade will automatically happen approximately five days after you have received your new Remote Control .

Jworksop
Tuning in

Thanks, I've called and spoke with them and they have advised they have stopped the order, they did say I would get a confirmation email but nothing has come through yet. There is also a contract setup on my account to start when I pressume the controller would be delivered. I suppose I just have to trust now that as the remote is cancelled from being delivered, no automatic update will take place on the box and I can carry on as normal.

Hello jworksop

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to the 360 upgrade and your change of heart, we're pleased to hear you have been able to speak to the team and arrange for the order to be cancelled.

If you have any further issues with this or in general, please post them on the forums and we'll be happy to help as much as possible.

Thanks Robert, I am worried that there is still a pending contract which I presume was setup automatically. Are you able to reassure me the box won’t update in a few days after the controller was due to be delivered? Will the pending contract say cancelled instead of pending? Many thanks 

Hi Jworksop, 

Thanks for coming back to us regarding the update. It can take a little while for the pending contract to drop off. We're confident that no remote will be sent out and no migration will take place automatically.

If in the unlikely event you do receive a remote control, pop back and let us know 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs