cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play recorded programmes.

Quinn67
Joining in

Over the last few weeks I have been unable to playback most new recordings, just get the circle going round and round. Some will play but most won't. Also I can't delete anything.

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

How's the box connected to the hub wi-fi or ethernet cable, if it's wi-fi you could try using an ethernet cable.

Do you have any problems problems watching on demand or using any of the apps which would test your network connection.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Quinn67 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV recordings at this time. 
I can see on the systems at our side that you have spoken with the team since posting and have a technician booked to investigate further. 

If the technician is not for your TV related issue, can you confirm if you see any error codes or messages at all on your set top box? How do you have the TV service connected, is this through WiFi or is the connection wired directly? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

No error messages when a recording doesn't play. Sometimes when trying to delete a program it will say cannot connect to TV2 which is the extra box we have upstairs and it sometimes says this when trying to schedule a recording. Tonight I have found that one of the recordings that won't play on the main box will play on this 2nd box and also some of the recordings that won't delete on the main box will on the 2nd. Maybe a problem with the 2 boxes "talking" to each other. The boxes are connect to the TVs with a cable but wireless to the internet 

It's WiFi and don't have any issues with on demand or any apps, also found out tonight that the programmes that can't be watched on the main box can be watched on our 2nd box upstairs 

So if you have 2 converted V6 to 360 boxes and are having problems watching recordings from one box to another first make sure both boxes are set to fast start or active start.

When using WiFi if you are using the 5ghz band try using the 2.4ghz it has a stronger signal but fast enough.

If you haven't got 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

If you are using pods don't split your network.

Hi @Quinn67 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Can you connect one of the boxes via wired connection if near the router?

The one furthest away from the router, can you do this;

Press settings; system, diagnostics. 

What does this test ran show please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill