cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box nightmare

Biddy2
Tuning in

When I moved into my new property I was given the 360 box (previously had TiVo) I’ve had it less than 3 months and it’s lost my recordings 4 times!!! The help desk advisors are useless and have no idea how to solve things. Im constantly having to reset the box, it’s sooooo annoying. Never again!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi Biddy2,

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, which it sounds like you have done already, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Biddy2 wrote:

When I moved into my new property I was given the 360 box (previously had TiVo)

It won't help you, but for reference - the normal process when you move home is that you take your existing equipment with you. Also, if you have TiVo, then any additional multiroom boxes would be V6 not TV360.

I presume you must have either disconnected/reconnected at some stage, or accepted an invitation to convert.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

Hi Biddy2,

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, which it sounds like you have done already, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

red_snow
On our wavelength

CS has admitted that they are getting large volumes of faults/disk/recording issues, and it's a common issue!!!! I guess they cheaped out on the quality of the hard disks!!!

Tavis75
Super solver

The V6 uses the same hardware and does not seem to have these issues to anything like the same degree, so seems more likely to be a software issue.