cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box ARC problem

SajH
Joining in

Anybody know of issues with 360 box not supporting ARC? I’ve a Samsung QLED and a Samsung Soundbar, my issue is my 360 box disconnects the ARC off my sound bar, I’ve done everything correctly, I’m clued up on my stuff but this has really annoyed me, I’ve tried everything I’ve swapped my one connect box to see if that’s the problem, I’ve swapped my soundbar to see if that’s the problem, changed cables, hard reset both tv and bar. Sound comes on ARC on bar for a bit then goes back to tv speakers. Sometimes if I disconnect all cables , unplug everything then switch back on after 20 minutes it works, then if I switch it off and back on it reverts back to tv speakers. I’m hoping someone has a solution or someone from Virgin Media can shed some light on this issue, as for me it’s a big issue and very frustrating!!!!

60 REPLIES 60

I'm often switching 360 sound formats, due to Dolby Audio soundtracks not being picked up when switching channels.

Andy111
On our wavelength

As others have said when using other sources, we don't have a problem.  However the Minute the 360 Box is turned on it corrupts all my TV and Soundbar settings, yet Virgin still refuse to take responsibility and correct the obvious problems with their equipment. I've even had a engineer from Virgin come out and admit it's a problem with their box, but then stating they haven't got a clue how to fix it. So it seems they arnt bothered. Oh well I'm sure they will be when I cancel the TV part of my package at the end of my contract, until they take responsibility and fix the issue.

Mike2479
On our wavelength

From what I’ve been reading on here, I’m a lot happier knowing it’s not just me having issues with sound bars not working. Same issue, sound defaults to TV speaker every time the TV is switched on. No such problem with my V6 before the 360 upgrade. Virgin needs to take ownership of this problem and fix it. “3rd party equipment” excuse is no longer acceptable 

Live Pause is another Dolby Digital loss trigger.

Andy111
On our wavelength

So come on then Virgin, when are you actually going to take responsibility and do something about the faults that are clearly being caused by your 360 Box. We pay decent money so instead of just ignoring the problem why don't you actually investigate all the complaints and do something about them.

With Sky Q, if connected via ARC, there was an incurable lip sync issue.

Is there a lip sync issue with the 360 Box?

I didnt connect it via ARC incase....

No Lip Sync via VM 360
I didn't have any via Q

thanks

Maybe VM can apply software fix for dropped Dolby.

Follow content doesn't seem to handle Dolby Digital when changing channel, only fixe by changing sound formats manually via 360.

Reading quickly through this thread the posters who are having problems appear to have their soundbars connected via HDMI. There should be no issue with this but obviously there is. Just wondering if they have tried removing the HDMI connection between their soundbar and TV or 360 box and used an optical connection  between their soundbar and TV. 

Andy111
On our wavelength

In reply to Ruth. Why should we have to lower the sound quality by resorting to an optical cable. I would imagine most people have spent a lot of money on Soundbars and TVs to be able to enjoy Dolby Atmos via HDMI 2.1 and earc. This works with every other source attached, so this clearly points to a problem with the Virgin 360 box. So surely Virgin should be looking to solve the problem rather than the usual, "have you tried different cables, have you tried turning it off and back on again" "Well yes of course we've tried all that Virgin, so just solve the god damm problem"