cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't my answer machine work now I have been switched to Virgin landline digital?

Joining in

My landline was switched to digital.

The answer machine I had doesn't work . I tried another one and that does not work .

What answer machine is compatible ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Hosay299
Superfast

Hi welcome can i ask what u mean as we have a answer phone and it works fine is this a phone with answer machine on it,???

what is the issue u are getting as what make u think the item is not working ??

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What's the make and model.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey 5983,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your answer machine at the moment, would you be able to answer the questions asked by Hosay299 and Roger_Gooner as that will help us to determine the issues that you're having. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Can i also ask how u know it does not work ?? as if we can have more info on the issue we can help sort what it could be more qicker 

Thank you Hosay299,

We had a old phon eplus answer machine that does not work as answer machine.

I then tried a stand alone answer machine that also dod not work .

What happens is you ring the line and the answer machine message can be heard and you leave a message, but it does not register / record on answer machine. 
Thank you for any advice .

Hello 5983.

Thanks for replying.

It's a tricky one to diagnose and fix as the issue will be with 3rd party equipment compatibility.

It could be that the equipment is outdated and not able to work with the fibre landline.

We do have a free voicemail built in to our line if you would like you go with that?

If so please let me know.

Gareth_L

@5983 wrote:

Thank you Hosay299,

We had a old phon eplus answer machine that does not work as answer machine.

I then tried a stand alone answer machine that also dod not work .

What happens is you ring the line and the answer machine message can be heard and you leave a message, but it does not register / record on answer machine. 
Thank you for any advice .

ok we have bt 8500 with anser phone and it works so could be a phone fault