cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim under consumer law?

Leemartin890
Joining in

I am currently paying monthly for an iPad and contract, but the device has stopped working for no apparent reason. I have spoken with the manufacturer (Apple) who have sent me a supporting report, they have advised that I contact virgin to discuss a replacement via consumer law. Any support on this process would be greatly appreciated. 

16 REPLIES 16

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Lee see https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leemartin890 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your iPad. We can help raise this to the dedicated team that can look into this further for you. 

There's just some further questions we'll need to ask regarding the device, how long you've had it and what has happened to make not fit for purpose and also any supporting evidence you have that shows the device to be faulty. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

I am also, exactly in the same situation.

I am currently in 2 year contract with Vergin. My iPad stopped displaying with no reason.  I have been to Apple Store today.  They diagnosed the device and confirmed there is a technical issue and advised me to contact Virgin to discuss a replacement via consumer law.  
Could you please help sort out this.  I can send you the report provided by apple.

Thanks

Hey SG2023,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your ipad at the moment. Was your ipad taken with Virgin Media or O2?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, I got the device from Virgin Media.

thanks

Thanks for coming back to us SG2023. I have been looking into this with some of my colleagues and have been advised that we would not be able to replace the iPad and this would be the duty of Apple to replace the faulty device not Virgin Media. More information about this can be found here in the legal section for Apple products

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us SG2023. I have been looking into this with some of my colleagues and have been advised that we would not be able to replace the iPad and this would be the duty of Apple to replace the faulty device not Virgin Media. More information about this can be found here in the legal section for Apple products

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Really?  Under consumer law in the UK, the purchaser's rights are with the seller, not the manufacturer.

Read the Apple link you just posted...

If the goods were purchased from a third-party reseller of Apple products, the primary responsibility to provide a remedy will lie with the reseller. For goods purchased in England or Wales, these rights expire six years from delivery of the goods.

So I think you should go back to those colleagues and tell them to think again.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

SG2023
Tuning in

Hi jpeg1,

Thank you for responding on this thread and pointing out the gap in understanding of Steven L colleagues.

@Steven_L, 

the info provided by jpeg1 will be helpful in resolving my problem.

Regards

Hi @SG2023 

Thanks for coming back to us. The warranty is held by Apple and it would be them to replace the device.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill