cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dvr Green screen

ken18
Joining in

I had the dvr green page of death problem Saturday, and have booked an engineer for Monday. Subsequently the problem seems to have resolved itself. But according to your online forum my driver is likely to fail soon. Should I keep my engineer appointment? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "DVR has detected an error" green screen is indicative of hard drive failure - very occasionally a box will recover for a short time, but further issues and/or failures will only be a matter of time.

Keep your appointment, also be aware faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course. They run the same software but on a much newer and more capable box - with the major difference that they rely on your home broadband for internet connectivity. Ethernet to your home-hub is ideal & preferable, reliable WiFi should suffice if that's not practical.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "DVR has detected an error" green screen is indicative of hard drive failure - very occasionally a box will recover for a short time, but further issues and/or failures will only be a matter of time.

Keep your appointment, also be aware faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course. They run the same software but on a much newer and more capable box - with the major difference that they rely on your home broadband for internet connectivity. Ethernet to your home-hub is ideal & preferable, reliable WiFi should suffice if that's not practical.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I will keep the appointment 🙂