cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Hub 5 delete my recordings?

SarahC1
Tuning in

Hi, forgetting all the technology! Anyway I logged on last week and found my contract has ended so I used the online chat and have ended up with a new contract that will send me a Hub 5 tomorrow. I forgot to ask for a transcript and don't have any emails about this new contract. Will connecting this new Hub 5 delete the 79% of recordings in my box,  I think it is a TiVo?

And do I need to be paying £90 a month? It's just me and my husband, receive more landline calls than make them, have one old TV, need good broadband and good selection of TV channels (and Netflix) but would not have a clue how to play games!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The recordings are held on a hard disk on your TV box. Unless you change your TV box, your recordings will be unaffected.

As far as what you are paying, this is around average for an ongoing existing customer renewal VM contract. You may get cheaper by switching, but then you have the hassle of new equipment & a new network connection. By having all three services from VM you are getting a large discount anyway. The landline discount is huge when taken with TV & BB, so as long as the call package suits you there is no point in changing it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The recordings are held on a hard disk on your TV box. Unless you change your TV box, your recordings will be unaffected.

As far as what you are paying, this is around average for an ongoing existing customer renewal VM contract. You may get cheaper by switching, but then you have the hassle of new equipment & a new network connection. By having all three services from VM you are getting a large discount anyway. The landline discount is huge when taken with TV & BB, so as long as the call package suits you there is no point in changing it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks