cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV but no pictures or sound

sarahabbt
Joining in

Have bought a new TV. But unable to watch any programmes that I have recorded as I have a blank screen and no sound. Have bough a new hdmi lead still no pictures. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your TV show the TiVo interface & menu system?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it shows the menu. But no picture. Have recently found out that the hdcp isn't enabled. Still having problems watching recorded programmed. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "the HDCP isn't enabled"? Have you ruled out the HDMI port on your TV as being the issue?

Do OnDemand programmes play OK? It's a good test of whether the source of the content makes any difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Ensure that you are using a high-quality HDMI cable.

Is your TV's firmware up-to-date?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Sarahbbt 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting! 

Sorry to hear about these issues getting your new TV set up with your TV box. 

If you can please let us know a little more information so we can offer help and support it would be greatly appreciated! Please advise if;

- You are getting any signal at all from the TV box showing on the screen

-If so, is live TV working? 

-Is on demand working?

-Is the issue isolated to recordings?

-Are you receiving any error code or message from the box? 
As the community have already advised, please do ensure you have all cables connected in the correct ports, and securely. If you are able to try an alternative cable also please do!
Let us know about the above and we will take things from there. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly