cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business & residential

John345
Joining in

Hi I have Virgin Media business installed at my home address, but I would like also Virgin Media home installing at the same address, but every time a ring to order, Virgin Media are saying my address is not serviceable.

Can any one help or any useful information

Thanks

John

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Apparently it can be done. Maybe one for the forum team. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Business-amp-Residential/m-p/4786190

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @John345 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

Having two separate connections at one property is possible but this would mean two separate accounts and hence two separate bills and payments. Most people chose to share their broadband connection with all that live in the property however we know that this isn’t right for everyone so can allow two connections if that’s what’s required.

I will send you a private message and support you further if this is something you would like to do.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can be done, but there maybe is a stopper if the street cabinet is at capacity, so no new connections can be made. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Why not just use business line as home? Understandable if your in a shared house that you would want your own connection if that's the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------

adyward
Joining in

I have this setup. 

Basically they just split the same cable that comes in, so not really a backup.  For that get a BT line

I am having huge trouble trying to get the Hitron router to do anything useful - so i would avoid VMB for now if i were you