cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install Virgin TB Go from Microsoft store

XEyedBear
On our wavelength

MS Store does not find a meaningful item for 'virgin TV go', which is what the virginmedia download link points me to. So where is the correct installation process documented?

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no longer a Windows Store TV GO app, however Windows devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website. 

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/home 

The info below is from 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Supported computers and browsers

Virgin TV Go is supported on the following systems and browsers:
  • Windows 8.1 (15063.0 or higher) and macOSX 10.1
  • Google Chrome 69+
  • Mozilla Firefox 67+
  • Microsoft EDGE (Windows only)*
  • Safari 9+(macOS only)**

We no longer have a Windows 10 app, but Windows 10 devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website. To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

Note: If you register a computer using a browser, you’ll need to use the same browser with Virgin TV Go. Using a different browser, clearing cookies or using incognito mode will be seen as a different device.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The URL you quoted:

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/home 

is not reachable under any browser I have on my Win 10 PC -  a DNS error is reported. Flushing the DNS Cache makes no difference. . My Linux PC can reach this site where I am invited to sign-in with my vrigin media details - and then asked again to do so, and then again... without end.

Seems like VM doesn't want me to use this service which, it tells me elsewhere, "Thanks to the Virgin TV Go app – available to Virgin TV customers at no extra cost, you can access up to 110 live TV channels on the go from your devices, including your Android, iOS, Windows 10 and PC/Mac". This looks like there is an internal marketing/technological/political battle going on inside VM. I can't possible resolve that, so why does VM externalise that problem to me?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @XEyedBear 

That's very strange. The url I quoted works fine on my Windows 11 PC using Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Brave browsers in a normal window and also using incognito windows.  It also works on my android devices using Chrome and Firefox (I haven't any other browsers on my android devices)

It also works using https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/  although using that url each browser redirects me to the

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/home page requesting me to sign in, and I am able to sign in on all browsers 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey XEyedBear, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have just tested this also and I found the app, have you got anything blocked at all?

Are you also going through any pending updates? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

XEyedBear
On our wavelength

I can now open the url  for virgintvtogo but I cannot view any programme: I am saked to sign in with my 'my vriginmedia' account details. I supply these and am immediately asked to sign in with 'my virginmeda' account details. I supply these and am immediately asked to sign in with 'my virginmeda' account details. I supply these and am immediately asked to sign in with 'my virginmeda' account details. I supply these and am immediately asked to sign in with 'my virginmeda' account details..... Not very practical is it ?

Does this same issue happen on another browser or on multiple devices @XEyedBear ?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

XEyedBear
On our wavelength

Yes, happens in Firefox, Vivaldi and Edge

Hi @XEyedBear, thank you for your response.

Is it stated that either the username or password is not being recognised? Have you tried clicking on the "Forgot your email address?" and "Forgot your password?" links.

Regards,
Daniel

XEyedBear
On our wavelength

No it isn't and no I haven't clicked on any 'forgot your ...' link because they haven't been forgotten.