cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Go on Samsung Smart TV

boogiebaby
Joining in

Hi - I have Virgin fibre optic broadband at home.  I also have a holiday lodge in Scotland where there is no wifi coverage from Virgin.  I've set up a mifi router with an unlimited data sim card for internet and to stream to a Samsung smart TV when I'm in the holiday lodge.  There is no Virgin Go app on the Samsung Smart TV and I can't figure how to watch the Virgin channels I'm paying for on my TV when I'm away?  I can watch programs using the Virgin go app on a laptop or on my mobile - but cant figure how to watch them on the TV in my lodge?  Any advice much appreciated.  Thank you  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi boogiebaby 

The VM TVGo app is supported on android and ios devices, but not on smart TV's.

I doubt this will work (most TV based browsers aren't full versions) but you could try accessing the browser version on your Samsung TV

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

It's a bit more baggage to take to your holiday lodge but you could take your laptop with you and attach it to your Samsung TV via HDMI cable and watch TVGo using that method.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi boogiebaby 

The VM TVGo app is supported on android and ios devices, but not on smart TV's.

I doubt this will work (most TV based browsers aren't full versions) but you could try accessing the browser version on your Samsung TV

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

It's a bit more baggage to take to your holiday lodge but you could take your laptop with you and attach it to your Samsung TV via HDMI cable and watch TVGo using that method.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks so much newappollo  for taking the time to clarify and also for two great suggestions of workarounds.  I'll let you know how I go the next time I'm up!  Hugely appreciated. Best regards bb