cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go app keeps asking for the same device to be registered every time I use the app!

Hazbin
On our wavelength

As the title suggests the crappy Virgin TV Go app keeps asking for the same device to be registered over and over again. The device is a new iPhone13 running iOS 17.2.1.

I can watch TV in the app on all of my other devices ok.

I tried phoning customer service to speak to the ‘technical team’ 😂😂😂 then remembered how monumentally useless they are. If they can’t listen to a perfectly constructed sentence in English, understand it and respond accordingly then how the hell can they help with any technical issues. Quite frankly, Virgins pathetic technical team is an embarrassment to the company!!

Anyway, rant over.

Can someone actually help resolve this issue with the TV Go app by resetting the devices or whatever it is that you do to fix this,

And can someone give an adequate reason (other than the TV Go app is utter crap) as to why this has happened???

21 REPLIES 21

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect your symptoms are the same as that described in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Virgin-TV-Go-keeps-un-registering-the-1-device-i-u... 

I have the exact same issue on my Android device - so it's not an iOS thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hazbin
On our wavelength

All I know is, every time I close the app and reopen it on my iPhone, I have to keep re-registering it every time and it’s very **bleep** annoying.

As usual, virgins tech team have been absolutely useless. As is the norm!

Hi @Hazbin 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with registering your device. Should your iPhone have settings in place not to remember or retain device information it will ask, please also check your online account under your devices to ensure that the device is being registered against your Virgin online account 👉 Devices & Registration help.

Keep us updated.

Sabrina

Hazbin
On our wavelength

Hello Sabrina_B,

Please explain yourself when you say; “Should your iPhone have settings in place not to remember or retain device information it will ask.”

Can’t you just reset the devices or whatever it is you do to fix the issue. If you actually have a fix for the issue.

Also please explain in bit more detail; ”please also check your online account under your devices to ensure that the device is being registered against your Virgin online account.”

My device is, of course registered in the app but every time I close the app and open it again it ask me to register the same device.

I’m not sure what I haven’t been 100% clear about to be honest. This problem isn’t an isolated case, a lot of people have had the same issue!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have the same replicable issue with my Android 13 device, so this is not an Apple-specific issue.

This has been raised via the VIP channel at the back-end of 2013 and there have been some discussions in the closed section of this forum regarding the issue. Unfortunately no fix has yet been forthcoming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Hazbin

I believe that Sabrina is referring to the Apple Password Keychain prompt you'll receive when signing into an account on your device for the first time, such as a message saying 'do you wish for this device to remember these details?'. 

Are you able to send us a screenshot of the exact message you receive when you try to sign in and you're advised that you need to re-register the device?

We are able to reset your registered device list completely - that's not a problem, however if you are continually being asked to register the same device every time you sign in, resetting the devices may not resolve this issue.

This can be an issue when using the web version of TV Go, as we rely on browser cookies to recognise same devices. However this shouldn't be happening on the app. Are you using a VPN at all?

Beth

Hazbin
On our wavelength

Hi Beth_G,

Maybe if you had read my first post you would have saved yourself a bit of typing. As the title of this post suggests; TV Go app keeps asking for the same device to be registered every time I use the app!

Yet you give useless advice on Apples password keychain prompt which doesn’t appear because I’m using the APP.

Also, I am not trying to input a password, I am already signed in to the app with the only virgin media account I own, I am simply trying to watch TV in your crappy app. 

The message that appears asks me to register the device EVERY time I want to watch tv in the APP.

I am not using a VPN otherwise I would have disconnected from it and tried again. I would also have mentioned this in the first post.

Believe it or not, myself and the rest of your customers are not clueless idiots so please try to come up with an adequate solution instead of stalling and offering ‘help manual’ advice.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hazbin 

Can you read the thread I linked to in post#2 above, and confirm your symptoms are the same?

It may help fault-finding if the two threads can both be cited as further examples.

Hazbin
On our wavelength

Hi japitts,

I had already read the thread linked in your post but it was not necessary for me to reply to you because; a) the symptoms are not the same (the symptoms are as described in my first post), and b) you don’t work for virgin so I’m not wasting more energy than I have to replying to someone who won’t be able to help me.

OK