cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio description

Itsjustme234
Joining in

I can’t find a wat to turn off audio description on the Dave channel on the tv go app

13 REPLIES 13

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Itsjustme234

Thank you so much for post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with audio descriptions, can I just confirm are you following the steps below: 

Click on profile > settings > accessibility 

You can access your audio settings here. 

Hi there is no option to turn off audio description, other channels have this but not the Dave channel

Hi @Itsjustme234,

What happens exactly when you follow the steps that my colleague provided in their earlier post? Is it only the one channel that seems to be presenting these issues for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I am having the same issue. I go to profile>settings>accessibility and the slider is marked off, as is sign language. I am trying to watch Dave HD and I am getting AD without the ability to turn it off. I am trying to find another channel with a programme that has AD as an option, so I can see if it is isolated to this channel or all AD programmes, but nothing on right now seems to be AD adaptable!

I also want to watch Dave without AD and cannot work out how!

Thanks

Hi Coundy7

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Did you mean via the TV Go app as well? I've just checked mine on Dave HD channel and it seems fine so I am hoping your issue is fixed as well 🙂

Keep us posted if you need us. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hazbin
On our wavelength

What is wrong with you so called ‘forum team’ helpers?

You really are all pretty useless at providing any REAL solutions to most problems on here.

The OP has already stated in his first post that he cannot turn off audio description for the DAVE channel whilst using the VIRGIN TV GO APP because there ISN’T AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF ANYWHERE IN THE APP!!

What part of that statement did he not make perfectly clear?? 

As already stated many time in this thread:

THERE IS NO OPTION TO TURN OFF AUDIO DESCRIPTION FOR THE DAVE CHANNEL IN THE VIRGIN TV GO APP.

SORT IT OUT INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE YOU ARE COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF THE PROBLEM!!

So far you’ve provided zero help to this problem (as is usually the case) you must try harder to help your customers. That way you can make your customers feel valued instead of feeling cheated and ripped off!!

Good afternoon Hazbin.

Checking the TV Go app there is a way to turn off/on Audio Description. 

When you open TV Go, click the 'circle' at the top left. You should get a drop down menu with add profile and settings. Choose settings.

Then click 'accessibility'. 

In there, you can toggle Audio Description, off/on. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

sakata
Joining in

over a year later and still no helpful solution.. you just proved hazbins original point.  since this was already stated that it was off .. and also been advised and still not a solution.

Hi there @sakata 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue as well, to clarify are you experiencing sound issues on Dave alone?