cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Description missing from drop down menu on Film 4

StefanPlum
Joining in

When using the TV Go app on PC, film 4 audio description is on.  Audio Description is missing from the drop down menu. It has only a subtitles switch and so AD cannot be switched off.  It is set off in global settings.  The same applies for both chrome and Edge browsers. The problem is not present on iPhone.  This appears to be a long standing problem associated with the app on PC.  Has any solution been sorted yet?

Stefan

12 REPLIES 12

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @StefanPlum, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Just to clarify, are you also unable to turn off Film4 audio description when accessing TV Go via a browser on your PC here or is it an app-specific issue?

Also, would it be possible to provide screenshots to show exactly how the dropdown menus differ between PC and iPhone?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The problem is present on Pc for both the app and within a browser. The photos are 1 from iPhone 2 from app on Pc and 3 from browser.

IMG_5435.png

IMG_5434.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

Hi @StefanPlum 

Thanks for coming back to us. Have been able to duplicate it, so flagged to the relevant team for their thoughts in this. 

I'll be in touch if any update.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John. I noticed today that the AD option is available on channel 4 and although not selected, AD remains on.

IMG_5438.jpeg

Hi @StefanPlum,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to check and confirm if the issue is still present for you today?

Thanks

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Issue still present on channel 4 today.

Stefan