cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Stream Second Box

Wirral-Saint
Joining in

My Sky contract ends in July and I'm sick of the constant price increases to the extent that I am seriously considering leaving.

A Virgin rep has been round to our area to say that they are plugging Virgin Media Stream and that this will be available rather than digging up the road to make the 360 box available. I've had a look at the subscription options and, price-wise, it's very attractive. The only stumbling block would be the maximum one box per household. We watch TV in both downstairs rooms (I like sports, my wife likes films and documentaries). The Virgin rep said things are changing all the time so does Virgin have any plans to make a second Stream box available to households in the near future? I have to give Sky 31 days notice in early June.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Wirral-Saint,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. 

We're happy that you're thinking of joining us but at the moment. we don't have any plans to change things at the moment. You can find all the latest updates on our news pages and if anything changes, you can find that here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Talking of price increases, bear in mind that Virgin will be increasing their prices by the increase in RPI + 3.9% each year.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Wirral-Saint,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. 

We're happy that you're thinking of joining us but at the moment. we don't have any plans to change things at the moment. You can find all the latest updates on our news pages and if anything changes, you can find that here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Virgin will lie to you, like they lied to me.

I have got back to them many times since having the online chat below, and Virgin has just blown me off.

I'm not sure if it's all just Virgin media's usual lying that's the problem here, or if the agent was just particularly incompetent.

But, whatever the reason, don't expect to get any accurate and honest information from Virgin.

Honestly, if you have the chance to cancel the service, cancel it.

That's my advice to you.

VIRGIN: "...You can get up to 2 extra Virgin TV 360 Mini boxes on our TV bundles to watch your favourite shows whichever room you are in.... I am sorry, if I add the TV service the stream service will be cancelled automatically...If you want to keep the stream service as it is then please do wait for few more days that we can certainly add an additional stream box with all the channels currently you are getting in the main box."

CUSTOMER: "...and would there be an extra cost to add the streaming box?"

V: "There will be 10.00/M for the additional stream box, but as this is the stream service you can get it for lesser price not to worry its not going to be 10.00/M."

C: "ok. then can we schedule the installation of the added stream box? we are traveling and we'll be back on October 1, 2023"

V: "Brilliant. Once you are back on Oct 1st please do contact us we will help you add the stream box if its available at that time...Currently its not available so am not scheduling any installation, once you are back please do contact us we will help you..."

C: "ok. but you think the streaming box should be available in early Octiber? It's not easy to get to this Cht feature, so I don't want to have to keep doing it if possible."

V: "it will be available not to worry, also I have documented your account so that you don't have to repeat yourself about this with the next agent....If not the chat I have updated all the details on the account about the conversation we had now...I have documented your account so that when you contact us again you don't have to repeat yourself about adding stream box,"

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced cowboyfistfight, have you spoken to the team since this web chat? We aren't able to make package changes via the Forums but If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you. 

We also have these contact methods available.

Rob