cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT catch up cuts off before the end of the games!

Rcmd
Joining in

Hello everyone,

I can’t find a way of asking this to the relevant department. Maybe someone can help here…

About the catch up feature, particularly TNT:

i watch NBA games on replay (the catch up option - TNT channels) . Most recently, virtually ALL the games are cut off before the end. The stream just stops with only a few minutes to go. This is infuriating as the games are often tight until the very end.

Can someone help?? who can I speak to for this to be sorted / resolved. It’s really not fun! 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rcmd 

Which VM set top box do you have?  /which-tv-box 

(the issue may only apply on one type of box)

It might be a good idea to record the games for now but add an extra 15 or 30 minutes padding to the end of the program 

I see you also posted your issue in the BT Community forums < here >  and a moderator there (Neil) said, "You'll need to raise that problem with Virgin Media"

He had checked the Pacers vs Boston Celtics game on the Discovery+ app (but didn't say which one he checked) and it played until the end of the game. That's a different app to the catch up service provided on VM by TNT.

I tested  Indiana Pacers v Boston Celtics (game 3 from Gainbridge Fieldhouse) on my 360 box on catch up and the game was in overtime and can confirm the playback finished before the end of the game.  That program was 2 hours 35 minutes long on Catch Up (this included  a 3 minute extension playout on the end of what appeared to be the run time) The run time in the VM EPG was 2 hours 30 minutes, so catch up included an additional 3 minutes.

I also checked game two of Indiana Pacers v Boston Celtics from the face-off at the TD Garden. Again the length of this in catch up was 2 hours 35 minutes (including what appeared to be 3 minutes extra added to the end of the play out) This one played out in full. Again the run time in the EPG was 2 hours 30 minutes so an extra 3 minutes waas added to the end of the catch up program, This might be the game that Neil the BT mod checkedannd found to be OK. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey! 

I can not record the games. I have a stream box. I can only watch the game on catch up. The game this morning cut off two mins before the end (no extra time). Someone should look into it at Virgin Media because clearly it’s not a good service at all. I can’t see the point in offering a catch up service if the games are not complete. And it’s not only the extra time ones! The one this morning was a normal game and yet… It cut off before the end. Any idea who I should contact?

Once again, the game this morning cut off with 30 seconds remaining in a tight game. Does someone monitor this community? Can I get a number to phone or an email address to write to? Surely, they can’t keep offering catch up but not give the whole game!! It’s ridiculous. 

Hi @Rcmd,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with Catch Up content via your Stream box and service. Is this impacting all Catch Up content that you're aware of, or only content from TNT?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!