cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream remote changes source input in LG TV

Dom1
Tuning in

Recently set up a stream box & just trying to get to grips with things.

One annoying problem I’m having is when I switch the stream box on using the remote, it’s powering the stream box on, but also automatically switching to another input. So it changes the TV to my Amazon firestick hmdi source.

Obviously nothing major, but it’s annoying. How do I stop this from happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dom1 

Try swapping the firestick and stream box HDMI's around so that the Stream box plugs into your TV in the HDMI port that your firestick is currently connected to.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dom1 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with input rotation. This is easily resolved, I had the same issue on my LGTV with my Ps5. It is related to the settings in the TV which is the dominant leading device that will take president, you just need to switch around what the TV does when turning on the power.

Turn on the LGTV and go to the settings and check under device connector to ensure that it is not magically set up to that HDMI port where your Fire Stick is and remove the icon for the remote, this should reflect on the 360 remote that you have linked to the Virgin TV and prevent this in the future.

Sabrina

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t fully understand what you mean.

Ive looked at the device connector and can’t see anything regarding magic remote.

When the Tv is on, if I power the stream box on, it still switches HDMI input to the firestick. It’s annoying.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dom1 

Try swapping the firestick and stream box HDMI's around so that the Stream box plugs into your TV in the HDMI port that your firestick is currently connected to.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sorry to hear that.

If you go to settings and check under device connector you should see the settings for it all here. 

However did the advice from newapollo help at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I’d already swapped the hdmi slots over before reading the newapollo post, but this has solved the issue for now, so thanks for the replies.

Thanks for coming back to us with an update Dom1 and we're glad that your issues have now been resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L