cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Channels on stream

Mobes
Up to speed

Hi

Can anyone clear something up for me. I have pretty much all the channels with VM including Sky Sports & Movies so if i want to change and old TIVO box in my conservatory for a stream box will I get all the channels I subscribe to on there?

I ask because i had a quick look at the stream channel list on the VM website and it only says sky Sports News, Mix and racing.

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mobes 

Stream can be added to all VM broadband deals that don’t already include TV, so you can't use them alongside V6, tivo or TV360 boxes.   

In previous posts of yours you've mentioned problems with a V6 box so it looks like you have both a V6 and the older tivo box.  You would need to cancel them before switching to Stream.

If you did want to cancel your current TV subscription and sign up to Stream then you would only have one VM TV set top box. The Stream box doesn't have a hard drive so can't record programs. The additional Sky Sports channels are available on the Stream box on a rolling 30 day contract, currently £34.99 a month, although a 10 per cent reduction on that cost would be deducted from your bill each month, See https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream 

(At present it's only one Stream box per household apart from customers who are on the XGS-PON network and on the Mega bundle. They can't get the TV through the cable network, only over IPTV and are allowed additional Stream boxes).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mobes 

Stream can be added to all VM broadband deals that don’t already include TV, so you can't use them alongside V6, tivo or TV360 boxes.   

In previous posts of yours you've mentioned problems with a V6 box so it looks like you have both a V6 and the older tivo box.  You would need to cancel them before switching to Stream.

If you did want to cancel your current TV subscription and sign up to Stream then you would only have one VM TV set top box. The Stream box doesn't have a hard drive so can't record programs. The additional Sky Sports channels are available on the Stream box on a rolling 30 day contract, currently £34.99 a month, although a 10 per cent reduction on that cost would be deducted from your bill each month, See https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream 

(At present it's only one Stream box per household apart from customers who are on the XGS-PON network and on the Mega bundle. They can't get the TV through the cable network, only over IPTV and are allowed additional Stream boxes).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mobes
Up to speed

Thanks so much, newapollo.  Answers everything I needed to know 🙂