cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s time to unplug the stream box.

corky123
Dialled in

I think it’s time to unplug this stream box and put it in a drawer or something, it’s annoying enough that I have to put up with glitching adverts with sound cutting out on ITV 1 with no cure or resolution in site, but often it does not even turn on by the remote and requires fully powering down and back on again, until the next time it does it. Don’t get me wrong of course I don’t watch the adverts but the constant sound drops are just as annoying as the picture freezing. It’s just crazy that it was fine until the recent software update, yet there only seems to be a few users who experience this issue so not enough to focus on it as a priority. This is my second stream box as well.

and why does it only affect the  ITV1 adverts ?

I'm going to use ITVX and BBC iPlayer on my Apple TV.

6 REPLIES 6

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Corky123 👋

Welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting - so sorry to hear about these issues with your Stream box! 

How long has this been going on for? 

I'm going to send you a PM to take a few account details so we can take a closer look and hopefully get this resolved for you! - You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

corky123
Dialled in

Ok I will go to the PM again, but just bear in mind I have gone through this procedure multiple times already.

So you will have a history of all the previous conversations. And the bottom line is there seems to be no resolution.

as mentioned before it started right after your latest software update v5.05, prior to this version it was perfect from day one.   

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us help you with this. 

Zoie

Stephen93
Up to speed

Try pressing the 3 dots button under the OK on the remote, that brings up a menu to change the audio, I’ve changed it from Dolby to just Stereo, that’s resolved the sync issue I had, ITVX is very slow to load on the Stream box, far quicker on the Apple TV, also the bbc iPlayer is better on Apple TV quicker

corky123
Dialled in

Hi, thanks for the feedback, I don’t use any apps on the stream box as you say due to how slow they are, I only use streaming apps like ITVX on my Apple TV.
I think I have changed the audio before to stereo and it was the same issue on itv1, I.e. adverts freezing with sound dropouts. But I’m happy to it try again.

corky123
Dialled in

Just to update it’s the same issue when the audio is set to stereo.