cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 40mbps last 3 days

Han2
Joining in

Friday / saturday internet was dropping out and in all day and night.

Sunday / Monday it is now stable no dropouts but I’m capped at 40mbps, and I’m on a 1gb connection.

had been rock solid prior. I’ve reset everything, thought it might be my eero routers but switched them around and same issue. 

it doesn’t show any network issues in my area but when I run the tests it says there is a intermittent problem in my area.

seems I’m just getting 40mbps out of the virgin hub in modem mode, out of the 2.5gb lan.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.   VM will not send a tech if there are area issues btw.

Run a wired speed test here and post the results.   www.samknows.com/realspeed  This needs to have the Hub in Router mode to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rang the number and says no issues in my area. Rang virgin media customer service and the bot ran tests on my equipment and said there is an interment fault effecting my broadband. Guess I’ll try booking a technician.

probably first put back into router mode and see if that helps.

Han2
Joining in

Put back into router mode (factory reset), unplugged from wall, checked all cabling, undid the main cable and put back in. Waited 10 mins and reran test and same issue. Using the virgin app to run speed check it’s says modem test unavailable at the moment.

managed to book a engineer for Thursday. Hopefully just a dodgy hub rather than anything else.

Hi Han2,

Just checking in with you, how did the engineer visit go?

Alex_Rm