cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how can i get the 2.2gig service

smithy01793
On our wavelength

So how can i get the 2.2gig service my street connection cabling is new only routed about 6 months ago,

but it does not show as available on there website 

4 REPLIES 4

smithy01793
On our wavelength

So I forgot to add I am on a full fiber cable right up to the hub5 with a converter to go from fiber to coax connection 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although advertised it is not yet available in all FTP locations. I believe VM will email you when it becomes available. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@smithy01793 wrote:

So I forgot to add I am on a full fiber cable right up to the hub5 with a converter to go from fiber to coax connection 

I’m slightly confused here, do you have a Hub 5 with a Coax connection, hence your comment about a fibre to coax converter, or a ‘full’ fibre connection all the way to the hub and hence you have a Hub 5x, but then there is no coax conversion?

The 2 Gb/s tier is only available if you have the latter set up.

carl_pearce
Community elder

There are three 'types' of VM connection:

• HFC - Coax from cabinet to your home.
  • RFoG - Fibre to the wall box on the outside of your home, or in more recent installs inside your home, converted to coax between the wall box and HUB.
  • XGS-PON - Full fat FTTP where a HUB 5x is used that can accept a fibre connection directly.

Only XGS-PON supports '2Gig' and ,specifically, symmetrical speeds.

You are on RFoG, which you may be able to order 2Gig at some point, however, it would be 2.2Gig down and 215Mbps up at best.