cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering WiFi pods

friarspark
Joining in

Had 1gb installed this morning. Signal isn’t great in garage and a bedroom. As part of my deal it says I should be able to get up to 3 WiFi booster pods. 
i e tried to call to no avail so how do I actually get the pods that I should be able to get as part of my package. 

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The VM Connect app is supposed to be able to order your first pod. If that doesn't work you will need to wait here for a VM person to offer to help. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

friarspark
Joining in

Had my 1gb broadband installed yesterday and there are a couple of rooms where the connection is poor. 
I’ve tried to order 2 pods. I should be entitled to 3. The app and web page just keeps going round in circles when I’m asking for 2 of the white pods. Really annoying. How can I order 2 or the white pods to solve the slower connections that I have. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi friarspark 

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

You need to perform a Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  The home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test your broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

How to perform the scan and order the wifi pods when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan and then  
  • While connected to WiFi, Tap "I’m ready " and then wait a couple of minutes for the scan  to complete, and then tap Continue 
  • Tap Add a room, and at on the room you're in, then Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • When the scan is complete tap Optimise WiFi now if the options shows as that will try and improve the connection in the current room 
  • When it shows Optimisation complete, tap Rescan room,  tap Start Scan  and then you can click on Order a WiFi Booster if it shows as an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

If you need additional pods after receiving the first one then you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - if you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just need to order a pod but nowhere either on the app or on the web seems to let you do it. Just keep going around in circles

Hey friarspark,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having trying to order your first WiFi pod.

I have looked into this and can see that you have since been able to get the pod ordered since you last posted. Please let us know how it goes, when you get the first pod up and running.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L