cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for Hub 5 and pod delivery

bazzabugs
On our wavelength

I contacted  virgin media on the 23 April 2024 regarding slow WiFi and dead spots. I was told they could supply me a pod for £8 a month. I told them I wish to take the matter further a I have brought the Tp link extenders. They said the will raise my complaint.  On the 24 April I received an email saying they could connect to my hub5 and they would send me a new Hub5 X. So I decided to upgrade my package to include a sim card and then I could get a pod. They also said they would double my speed to m500. They sent a pod but it didn't help with the dead spot. 

I then received another email on the 18th May 2024 saying I need to install my new hub5X. I had to contact them again and ask when it's going to be delivered. Same old story for virgin media thehub will be delivered within 7 days still waiting also still waiting for another pod and my speed upgrade. 

I'm getting fed up with keep calling a call centre and getting to the same old thing it's all lies. They are all nice when they are trying to sell you an upgrade then when it goes wrong you just get fobbed off. Waisting your time and false promises. Shame on then

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bazzabugs
On our wavelength

No it's a tp link I brought 3 months ago. Just tried to solve the issue myself. I personally think VM cause issues so you upgrade then when you sign another contract the leave you high and dry. Been with them for over 20 yrs when it was cable and wireless. Won't renew again 😕 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

bazzabugs
On our wavelength

I contacted  virgin media on the 23 April 2024 regarding slow WiFi and dead spots. I was told they could supply me a pod for £8 a month. I told them I wish to take the matter further a I have brought the Tp link extenders. They said the will raise my complaint.  On the 24 April I received an email saying they could connect to my hub5 and they would send me a new Hub5 X. So I decided to upgrade my package to include a sim card and then I could get a pod. They also said they would double my speed to m500. They sent a pod but it didn't help with the dead spot. 

I then received another email on the 18th May 2024 saying I need to install my new hub5X. I had to contact them again and ask when it's going to be delivered. Same old story for virgin media thehub will be delivered within 7 days still waiting also still waiting for another pod and my speed upgrade. 

I'm getting fed up with keep calling a call centre and getting to the same old thing it's all lies. They are all nice when they are trying to sell you an upgrade then when it goes wrong you just get fobbed off. Waisting your time and false promises. Shame on then

Well for starters the 5x runs on a completely different sort of network so as far as the lies offshore CS routinely spout go that is a pretty spectacular one. They are solely interested in getting commission by flogging you stuff you do not need.

Have your extenders that you bought helped? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Was told my extender wasn't supported by virgin media but it's funny that they were selling them before they brought the pods out. Very rarely do you get to speak to someone in the UK.

Ah if it is one of the old VM extenders I wouldn't use it if I was you as they have proven to be a fire risk. 

Get a modern router from Argos etc and stick the hub in modem mode like most of us regulars on here do. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

bazzabugs
On our wavelength

No it's a tp link I brought 3 months ago. Just tried to solve the issue myself. I personally think VM cause issues so you upgrade then when you sign another contract the leave you high and dry. Been with them for over 20 yrs when it was cable and wireless. Won't renew again 😕 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've never used any of the Wifi solutions from VM.  Always in modem mode and use my own networking kit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks