cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent drop in broadband speed

tomsvirg
Joining in

My internet speed consistently drops everyday, up to 20-30 times a day. WiFi always stays connected but nothing loads. I end up tethering from my mobile or just use 5G. Big problem when working from home.

Essentially have to wait until it sorts itself out (between 2-5mins or sometimes even 30mins) or do a hub reset. This has been happening for months. 

What can I do? 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this....

Firstly... Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?
What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tomsvirg 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to discuss this further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @jbrennand 👍

Regards,
Daniel