cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe settings not working

sj73
Tuning in

My web safe settings have suddenly stopped  working. Even though it's switched on, all devices in the house are able to access adult content. I've tried turning the settings off and on again and have factory reset my router.  I have children in the house so need this working.

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does https://1.1.1.1/help show an AS Name value of Virgin Media?

Are you able to browse to https://protonvpn.com?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I've already tried this and I don't have a VPN or any other DNS setups. 

Hi Sj73 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms to the community forum 🤗.

Sorry to see your web safe is not working ☹.

Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of any error messages that appear?

Have you tried to do this by our app or online website? 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

There are no errors. On the website, the web safe setting is switched to on. I can turn it off and on, but it makes no difference.

I've had this problem before and someone from technical support reset something at the back end. But it took a week to get this fixed after having to raise a complaint.

I've got two teenage children and it's really unacceptable that this isn't working. I would actually go as far in saying that Virgin Media is breaking the law here.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sj73
Thank you for your reply we can get this raised with our IT team if this is what has happened before. I will pop you over a PM please keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
I know this must be frustrating, our Childsafe is an additional feature we provide and this is not against the law. You can whilst we are getting this stored for you set parental controls on the individual devices.
Thanks,
Zoie