cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe not working when enabled

Rangnarok
Tuning in

Unlike some posts here, I want Child Safe to work.

It's been on since the start. However, it seems to have stopped since a few days ago. I thought it was my phone at first, but now I am testing on the PC, it turns out this is to do with the Child Safe feature not working.
I've tried a router reboot but that has not fixed it.

Despite the options showing as enabled on the Account Settings page, I can still access
- Inappropriate sites that are included as default
- Sites that I added in manually

I am not on any VPN. All my network settings on the PC is automatic, so DNS is default. I changed to Virgin DNS manually too, but that still doesn't work.

Tried from my mobile, with all default settings, doesn't work. Set DNS server to VM's one: doesn't work either.

Please could you check my account and get this sorted.

80 REPLIES 80

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same trouble and the person I'm talking to isn't ow replying. Can you help? I want to turn Child Safe ON.

Finlay

Hi there @finrobertson 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I can see that our community staff member did pop back to you yesterday, please do continue to chat with them via the PM and they will do all they can to help.

Huntz
Joining in

Hi I'm having the same issue, child safe showing as on but can access all the wrong sites. Please help as I have a very inquisitive child. 

Hi there @Huntz 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are also facing an issue with your web safe settings. Can I ask if you have been able to check your settings via the steps listed online here

Hi, yes I have and it seems to of rectified itself over night. Thank you

That's great to hear and thank you so much for letting us know @Huntz 

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you need any advise and we will do all we to help. 

Thank you again for updating.

dexter36
Joining in

I am also having same issue child safe is not working

Hi dexter36

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue with Childsafe.

I've dropped you a PM so I can take your details and help you out.

Beth

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Please can you help?

This is clearly a technical fault that’s existed since at least July 2023 judging from hundreds of similar posts dating back to then. Does every customer need a PM or do you think you could actually fix it?

It should be a default setting and you shouldn’t be offering broadband services if you can’t manage this type of functionality.