cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch out for Scamming

JohnMorr
On our wavelength

Just asked for my banking details by someone responding on VM Community.

VM have never asked for this information over the many years and VM emphasis they would never ask such questions.

Watch out for scamming!

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It is a routine question (but daft choice IMO) for VM forum staff to ask for bank sort code as part of their security questions before asking individual account info.

Personal/security info should only be provided via PM to the VM forum team members (identified with 'Forum Team' under their forum name alongside the VM infinity logo).

It is up to each individual customer to decide whether they are comfortable providing this or not.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JohnMorr.

Apologies for any distress this may have caused you.

The information offered by @goslow is correct.

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further questions or concerns

Thanks,

David_Bn

I was asked for my banking detail by a member of this forum staff trying to help me update my new telephone number     hey ho ..I told him no ......is there any other way to verify my detail ... with scammology at its height on the TV and warnings given  daily ...is this prudent and the way to go for VM  ????????????... as for me I still have my old MTP listed ..it cannot be changed .. OK I accept that .. VM will be unable to make contact with me of course and marketing is booted out the window which is a good thing for me..... just saying ...😊

Hi 

I'm having problems with someone using my old email address linked to my VM account, can you help me please?