cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call?

br2
Tuning in

Hiya, 

I had a call on my mobile from 0800 052 5306, claiming to be from Virgin Media. As well my mobile number, they knew my name, they then hung up. I did a search on the web for this number and some sites suggest its a scam. The question to Virgin is, is a scam?

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi br2

Yes, that is a genuine number of ours.

If you would prefer not to receive any calls from us, you can update your marketing preferences via your online My Virgin Media account.

We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hiya Vikki,

Thanks for the reply, it has put my mind at ease. It might have been better if the caller had more clearly identified themselves. It also rises the question of how the caller can be identified as genuine or otherwise particularly as the number was unrecognized.

Regards,

br2

Thanks for your response @br2 

We'll certainly pass on your feedback to the relevant teams.  If you wish us to look into updating your contact/marketing preferences, we can certainly do that for you. Or if as my colleague advised you wish to do it personally, you can do so it can be done in your online account.

Regards

Lee_R