cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One email address two account numbers - Cant access settings for both accounts

CDilla
Joining in

Hi 

I currently have two Virgin Media broadband accounts registered to the same email address

I am trying to change the security settings for one of the accounts but I can't seem to access it. It will only let me see settings for the original account, not the one I just set up.

Hope this makes sense

2 REPLIES 2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @CDilla, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the Virgin Media online account.

Can you please confirm if you've ever been able to successfully log into the newly registered account?

What happens when you try to log out of the former account and into the new one?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Number-6
On our wavelength

@CDilla wrote:

Hi 

I currently have two Virgin Media broadband accounts registered to the same email address

I am trying to change the security settings for one of the accounts but I can't seem to access it. It will only let me see settings for the original account, not the one I just set up.

Hope this makes sense

Actually you can’t have two accounts using the same address! The email address is the username for the account, so  it makes sense that each account needs to have a different username, otherwise how can the system know which account you want to access?

Now the problem is that VM’s backend system does seem to allow a customer to register a different (new) account with an already used email address - and it really shouldn’t!

But it does, and you only find out the problem when you try to access the ‘new’ account and find that it then only allows you to see the old one!

It’s just bad programming.

Now there are a couple of solutions, do you have a different email address that you can use for the ‘new’ account? Alternatively, is the ‘old’ account completely redundant now? Either way when a member of the forum team gets to this thread and offers to help, they should be able to arrange for the original email address to be transferred to the new account (a procedure called a ‘move and transfer’) or alternatively the username for the new account to be a different email address.