cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL email hacked

Em74
Joining in

My ntlworld email account has been hacked. This has rendered FB, Instagram, Microsoft etc etc useless, I am no longer a virginmedia customer (moved 2 years ago to an area without VM coverage) but still used the email for some things. I NEED SOMEONE TO DELETE MY OLD NTL EMAIL ADDRESS. I can't get a response from anyone at VM despite reporting to the fraud team who were supposed to get back to me within 48 hours (this was 6 days ago). I am receiving threatening demands for money, explicit content and I just want to delete the email account. Surely after the 2020 data breach, Virgin have a responsibility to act and protect customers (even former ones). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Em74,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email address at the moment,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Em74,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email address at the moment,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks very much, yes please to the help! 

john857
Joining in

Hi

i I have exactly the same problem with a hacked Ntl account since Monday no one from Virgin Security has got to me please can someone help to just delete the account please ?

thanks

john

Hi @john857 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your compromised email address and for any concerns it may be causing.  Also sorry that you've not had a resolution from our team up to today.  I would like to take a look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R