cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine or scam email

yvoh
Tuning in

Can anyone tell me if this is genuine or a scam. I received an email from Virgin Media saying that “We’ve spotted an issue with your broadband connection” that a remote fix has been issued and it will be monitored. 
Today I received another email “Somethings still not right with your connection” click the link to reset the Hub. I did this and got a 20 minute countdown which stopped after a few minutes with a request to reset Hub manually. I didn’t get round to this yet but then got another email “Thanks for resetting the Hub” We will check your connection over the next 48 hours. Sorry if this is a bit long winded but now I’m wondering if this is a scam as I haven’t noticed any issues with my connection. Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's Yvoh.

I'm glad that you're now happy in the knowledge the emails you received were indeed genuine.

It's always good to be wary with this kind of situation so we would always recommend reaching out if something doesn't feel right 🙂
If you need any further help, please let us know!

Meg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I can't recall reading a description like this on here before.

What email address did the emails come from?

They all came from email@virginmedia.co.uk

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Can't say I recognise the email address either from past topics (assuming that's the actual email address and not just a display name) but the domain name is one VM uses for email communications.

Wait for a reply from the VM forum team (usually within a few days) who will be able to check this out for you.

Thank you. The emails said

From, Virgin Media

Reply to, email@virginmedia.co.uk

but I’ll wait for a reply from the forum team as you suggest. Thanks

Hi Yvoh, 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to our Community Forums 😊
I can understand your concern when you noticed this email and you're right to be wary as there are plenty of Phishing scammers going around unfortunately 😥
If you are concerned that you've received a scam email, then you should always head over to our Security Website to check out our advice. 

As for this particular email though, it does sound similar to what we send out to customers who's connection seems a little slow/out of spec. 

However, I'd really like to send you a PM so I can double check everything and give you complete peace of mind 🤗
Speak to you soon!

Meg

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's Yvoh.

I'm glad that you're now happy in the knowledge the emails you received were indeed genuine.

It's always good to be wary with this kind of situation so we would always recommend reaching out if something doesn't feel right 🙂
If you need any further help, please let us know!

Meg