cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not working

Ashywashy
Joining in

Child safe is not working even though it is turned on adult sites can still be accessed. Please help !

20 REPLIES 20

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using Private Relay on the iOS device by any chance ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

yes my browser is set to ‘private’

Browsing in private mode should not affect child safe

Hi @Ashywashy 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. This should have been resolved as of yesterday afternoon. 

Kindly let us know if you're still experiencing issues.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John129
Joining in

I just had this too. I use an eero mesh router with the virgin broadband . Childcare had been working but it just stopped. However I found that - like most things with IT - turning the router and broadband off at the socket for a minute reset the settings correctly and it is now working 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using your own Router and the VM Hub in modem mode, you should really change your DNS settings.  Both Cloudflare and OpenDNS have public facing DNS servers for Adult and Malware filtering, and I would suggest they are more reliable than VM? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks but we are using VMs router.

dont think a customer should have to faff about like this to get parental controls to work. 

when we were with Sky we never had any of these issues !

Hi @Ashywashy 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. The Childsafe issue was resolved on the 16th May.

Are you still having issues?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

Yes still having issues using Safari in private mode in iOS. Adult content is not blocked.

Works ok in normal browsing mode but we’ve been told regardless of mode, if parental locks are set, all adult content should be blocked.

@Ashywashy wrote:

Hi

Yes still having issues using Safari in private mode in iOS. Adult content is not blocked.

Works ok in normal browsing mode but we’ve been told regardless of mode, if parental locks are set, all adult content should be blocked.

Adult content can not be blocked in private mode

---------------------------------------------------------------