Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

metal splitter for tv and internet cable

Joining in

Good Morning 

i am need of someone to help me due to have tv and broadband but with the new splitter and i am looking at trying to get the old metal splitter with the cable and i was wondering if i buy a splitter from screwfix and just use sky sat cables to run it 

thank you Stephen  


Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No to both - DIY fixes to VM's network, albeit well-intentioned, are a bad idea and can cause more issues than they solve. VM also use specialist triple-grade shielded co-ax.

If you're installing new VM kit and don't have co-ax points where you need them, a manned install should be free. If not, the worst case scenario is a £25 non-fault callout which includes all parts & labour required for VM to do the job properly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sjstephen2000 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear you're in need of a new splitter. 😢 

We wouldn't advise on DIY jobs or self assessment on the equipment as not all networks are the same.
Are you looking to get an access point installed within the property or move your access point?

Let us know and we'll be able to assist from there. 🧾

Kind regards,

Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs