cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't i get Virgin media when my upstairs neighbours can?

N99flake
Joining in

My upstairs neigbours have Virgin Media (it is only us and them in the property; two flats with a shop below) and i've been told whilst on the phone to Virgin that they cannot install to my flat! This seems really odd to me as I can see the cables running outside my front window, up the wall and into my neighbours property. I can see a few Virgin boxes too, so i'm really perplexed. 

I own the flat, and i was originally told that a virgin media tech / spotter would come out and check, then give me a call back to arrange installation or discuss further - this was over a month ago now and i've not heard back. 

I've called back a few times but no one seems to be able to tell me the exact reason why I can't get it, and i tend to just be transferred around to different reps before an unclear response is given on why i can't. so this feels very frustrating! 

Does anyone know why this may be or what I can do to hopefully push this in the right direction. I'm very keen to have Virgin Media, so happy to work through a few hurdles if i can find out what they are.

2 REPLIES 2

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @N99flake 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

N99flake
Joining in

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much for helping us out here - fingers crossed we have an installation happening on Friday! 

Best,

George