Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of internet is it?

Dom1
Tuning in

Hi.

Just a quick question.

Trying to set up a TP mesh system and it’s asking for what type of connection I have. The choices are

Dynamic, Pppoe, static, l2tp, pptp or ds lite.

I’ve got the hub in modem mode & im not too tech savvy so don’t really know how to find out. 

Also it asks about iptv/vlan settings, shall I leave this off? As I have no idea what it is.

can anyone advise?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dynamic is what you want.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gbcb1234
Joining in

Like Dom1 I am setting up a tp link mesh system and iits asking if I should have the IPTV/VLAN on or off, anyone know what I should choose?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try it with ‘off’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

amyB41
Joining in

Hi Dom, I have the same mesh system and struggling to set it up. Can you tell me what settings worked for you? I've actually had it for a couple of years and this wasn't required in the original set up, it's recently unlinked from my WiFi and needs set up again and I'm finding it impossible!!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When there is a list of settings, just try each one in turn until one works, it’s not heart surgery, you will not break anything. Also probably quicker than waiting for a response.

Tudor