cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect not connecting hub 4

MacauleyBrown22
Joining in

I am a Volt customer and saw I can get some free Wifi pods as a benefit but am required to run a test on my hub 4 via the VM Connect app. Unfortunately despite being connected to my wifi and it working on my device the app wont find the Hub, I've tried the typical troubleshooting 'fixes' i've seen in other threads so I assume my Hub is one of the ones with data problems that make it unable to be picked up by the app that I read about in other threads, what am I meant to do if the way to claim my volt benefit doesnt work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MacauleyBrown22 thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

46 REPLIES 46

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

Same problem this end with connect app. I have done at least 2 hard resets but did not cure it. Also cannot connect to hub4 direct using 192.168.0.1.  Someone has suggested that the hub has a fault but I can connect to Internet using WiFi or ethernet. I have one of the black pods and it has improved WiFi at this end.

Hope you get it sorted.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MacauleyBrown22,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connect app, can you confirm if you've tried uninstalling/ re-installing this?

Alex_Rm

Yes I've tried re-installing the app but same results.

Whitehc1
Tuning in

I have exactly the same issue - VM Connect suddenly stopped working and now I can’t get it see the hub. Tried resets, removing and restoring the app etc.  I have some devices paused currently and can’t unpause them until I can get back into VM Connect!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can login to the admin console on the Hub at 192.168.0.1 and remove the devices from the MAC filtering, a.k.a. "paused devices"  You don't need the App to do this sort of work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @MacauleyBrown22 thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear the connect app is still not connecting to the hub 4. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Whitehc1 thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're also having issues with the connect app not connecting to the hub 4.  The fantastic Adduxi has advised you correctly regarding accessing your hub settings.  However, I would like to take a closer look at other things regarding your hub. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @MacauleyBrown22 thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

RL2
Joining in

Isn't it sad that we have to revert to a Forum in order to get the attention of Virgin Media (hopefully) regarding things that don't work. I joined Virgin Media in December last and from the start I was unable to connect to my Hub4, receiving the same response as others in associated Forums. As a result, I am unable to use the apparent facility within it that enables me to walk around the house to prove that I need a booster. I know I need one because I am compelled to continue using my Sky equipment for that very reason. Apparently there is no other way of obtaining one, you cannot order them otherwise. Meanwhile I am bombarded, like today, with emails from Virgin Media saying that I am missing out without their Volt package. I have the current VM Connect app download (I am sick of dowloading the latest in the hope that something will work), I am sufficiently tecky to know that the cables are connected properly, not least I have a perfectly working connection to the Internet. I clearly need a new Hub, installed by a technician who will not leave my house until he/she is satisfied that my VM Connect app works and provide me with a booster station that does the job that their emails keep telling me will make life better for me.