cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM White plug

dek15
Joining in

Hi,

Can I plug the VM white plug with the green led into an extension cable or should it be direct to mains 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been a lot of companies saying that equipment should be plugged directly into a mains socket. There is no earthly reason why you cannot use an extension cable. I think perhaps some think it’s a trip hazard. A similar case was an equipment manufacturer saying their network device ‘must be plugged directly into your router’ and it would not work at all if plugged into a network switch. Of it worked when plugged into a network switch.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been a lot of companies saying that equipment should be plugged directly into a mains socket. There is no earthly reason why you cannot use an extension cable. I think perhaps some think it’s a trip hazard. A similar case was an equipment manufacturer saying their network device ‘must be plugged directly into your router’ and it would not work at all if plugged into a network switch. Of it worked when plugged into a network switch.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2