cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complain to Virgin Media as a non-customer

AW5
Joining in

Virgin Media visited my house when I wasn't there and put a cable through my garden and path - damaging my path and filling the channel with cement. They also put a box on my wall. My house is being sold and the future owners ordered the cable for when they owned the house. The engineer installers were told by 2 neighbours not to install this as they knew we didn't want this as we had already sent them away 2 weeks earlier. My neighbour also gave them my mobile number to ring me asap but they chose to ignore this. This was wilful trespass and they damaged my property. 

I managed to contact customer services who promised a call back within 48 hours - of course they didn't phone back.

Does anyone know where to send a solicitors letter as I want compensation to replace the path and remove the cable and box.

Looking at previous messages Virgin Media has Customer Services by name only.

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Our registered office is: 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU Registered in England and Wales Company No. 2591237

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You say "future owners", so have you exchanged contracts? If so they will almost certainly be the new owners and you have little to worry about.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The contract will not be signed for at least 4 weeks, so it is still my house.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The future owners clearly intend to sign, so forget it and get on with your life as you must have plenty to do with house move and other matters.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Your buyer placed an order VM fulfilled the first part of having been told by your potential buyer they could go ahead and that your potential buyer had the right to provide permission.

Assuming this is the case and nothing untoward happened your buyer would seem the party to send legal correspondence to in the first instance. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AW5 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the confusion with the Omni box.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill