cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring connection

Chausson660
Joining in

My outside Ring connection says poor how do I fix this I’ve a hub 5 just been connected 

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chausson660

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the connection to your Ring device. Are you having any trouble with any other device connected to the router? 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes all my smart plugs have stopped working as well 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you reset all your Wifi kit to use the new Hub 5 SSID and password?  Or set the Hub 5 SSID and password to be the same as your previous setup?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Chausson660, are you possibly able to drop a response to @Adduxi's post to give us a little more information?

Can you please also confirm if other devices when located in the same or similar area of the property suffer the same fate.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Why can’t I just talk to somebody only been with virgin 2 weeks and I’m disappointed already 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can phone Customer Services and talk to them.  They will talk you through procedures that may help.

Or do a Wifi survey yourself, apps are available from the Google Play Store.  Check the Wifi strength in the areas needed.  Also check the Hub 5 Wifi is set to legacy settings as below;

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

Unfortunately  Wifi is a minefield and sometimes the end user has to provide the solutions as every property is different. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reboot your ring via the app and see if that helps

Thanks for coming back to us Chausson660. have you been able to speak to our team over the phone to get your issues resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us Chausson660. have you been able to speak to our team over the phone to get your issues resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

you are not being serious surely - the team as you put it is likely to be a poorly trained CS person in the a r s e end of the world who will be reading off a screen with no reference to ring so will make up a load of rubbish to close the call in their favour or simply hang up

i thought forum staff on here were supposed to help technically not just pass people on or ask pointless questions- thats how it used to be in times gone by - think Swansea or under different forum leads - but like the rest of VM thats a service thats long gone

Tony.
Sacked VIP