cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement junction box and cables

GeeMcG
On our wavelength

Hi, I am in the process of getting my house roughcasted/rendered and was wondering if it's possible to get the cables and junction box replaced?

The junction box and cables aren't damaged per se but the cable had previously been white at parts to blend in with the wall and the box is just looking old but I'm hoping to get this replaced and looking tidier!

Any advice on whether this is possible would be appreciated. Thanks 😊 

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need either to ring the faults line, or wait here for a Staff Forum Team member to respond. As the work is a customer requested change & is not fault related there is a standard charge of £25 for the callout.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

GeeMcG
On our wavelength

Thanks for the response. I did see £25 elsewhere in the forum but wasn't sure if it would be possible as its more of an aesthetic thing than damaged but I'll see it of the team can deal with it. 

Hi GeeMcG, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

As te replacement is for aesthetic reasons, the engineer may not look to replace it. What we can do is arrange a visit and you can then discuss things with them directly. There will be a £25 call out charge which will be added to the bill after the visit has been completed. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GeeMcG
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply, I've now managed to get this resolved through the chat and an engineer has been booked. 

Glad to hear this @GeeMcG 

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs