cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of virgin media cable and box

DanMcD
Joining in

Hello,

I've recently bought my house and there is a Virgin Media box and cable which runs through my front garden, over the top of my house, down the back of the property and into my living room. 

I don't intend to become a Virgin Media customer and would like this cable removed if possible. It is causing an issues to my development of the property as we are planning on having a driveway installed to replace the original front garden. 

The cable is in a green protective flexible pipe and hasn't been buried in the garden so presents a trip hazard in my front garden development. It's tricky to see because it's green in our overgrown front garden.

Would really appreciate any advice on how to remove this myself or whether virgin could please come and remove this from my new property. 

Many thanks 

Daniel McDermott 

85 REPLIES 85

Hi loucampbell2021, thanks for the message. We will be able to book a rebury, can you confirm when we will be attending to bury the cable? - Chris. 

Hello,

a ‘re-bury’? Are you serious? It was never buried, it was just under a plant that I took out. I could ‘re-bury’ it myself but I wanted it removed completely. Can it just be cut through?

Louisa

If a cable is to be removed loucampbell2021, we would have it be by one of our trained engineers. I am happy to chase up the original request for you. 

I will private message you now to get some more details. 

^Martin

spell
Knows their stuff

@Martin_N wrote:

If a cable is to be removed loucampbell2021, we would have it be by one of our trained engineers. I am happy to chase up the original request for you. 

I will private message you now to get some more details. 

^Martin

Martin_N

You have not answered the question asked by the OP who first posted on 16.12.21.

Are you actually saying they do not have the right to cut and remove the cable themselves.

They are not VM customers and unless a wayleave agreement is in place they have no responsibility to you.

On what legal authority or basis do you quality your response.

It is of course the decision of the OP as to how they proceed with this but bear in mind that this Is a public forum and topics have a general interest to others. There is nothing now of a personal or sensitive nature and the only apparent motive for a PM is to take the OP quietly to one side.

1. Perhaps the OP could update the thread if so minded for the information of forum users.

I don’t have a VM account, I’ve never had one and don’t intend to open one. I’ll await further messages.

Louisa

They have no say whatsoever in how you use your garden - it is none of their business whatever they try to tell you. You have bent over backwatds to give them the opportunity to collect their rubbish but they want to abandon it on the off chance it will save them time in the unlikely event of connecting a future customer. Their arrogance is breathtaking.

They have somehow managed to turn a half hour job before Christmas into what seems like something of an ordeal.

By now I would be enforcing storage fees for their junk.

Good luck

I have the same issue. Can someone pm me to see if this can be removed?

Thanks,

P

Just so you’re aware, no one ever got back in touch with me. Ive ended up having to re-bury it myself for now.

Louisa

Perhaps Martin_N would like to 'reach out' and come up with an explanation

Ok that’s a bit rubbish. Will give them till the weekend then it will be for the chop. The way they have fastened the cable to my wall has shortened lifetime of roughcast on wall so I’m needing to redo it all and need the cable removed completely. 

there should be an option to terminate and if required VM bury it at boundary. 

thanks,

P