cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocate Virgin Media Router

ryanjhanson1997
Joining in

Hi,

Recently switched over from Sky to Virgin Media yesterday, managed to get 250/25 quite cheap and was very excited to install it yesterday but due to dead zones (I assume) I'm only able to get around 50-60 download upstairs in my room (tried wifi extenders with ethernet but these are slower than a Wi-fi card) 

How would I go about relocating this router to the upstairs room so I can utlilise ethernet to get the correct speeds? I understand that it costs £25 flat rate, but any advice would be appreciated.

The router currently is located in the downstairs living room (engineer assured me the speeds would be fine).

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, £25 to move router. However your WiFi problems will just be reversed. VM will be quite happy to rent you WiFi Pods for £8pm to cover the blackspots. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the reply, i'm only really using WiFi currently as I'm not able to route an ethernet throughout the house, with Sky it was easy as it was directly downstairs, I would just route an armoured cat6 outside my window but I think I will need to just pay £25 to move the router.

I Should've asked this when the engineer came to install but he assured me the connection was just fine.