cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one session at a time is allowed

baldyslaphead59
On our wavelength

Common issue as have seen this on lots of other posts.I have had several disconnections of my internet in recent times, and although work was recently carried out in my area, have still experiences the same issues two day after.

If this doesn't resolve itself, I will raise an issue with VM directly.

That aside, because of those issues, I have pin reset 3 times now, and still cannot log in to my router, which when doing so, says 

"Please note!

Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

As the turning off for 30 seconds and on again,  and pin reset hasn't worked, what's next, please?

21 REPLIES 21

Client62
Legend

Avoid managing the Hub menu via Wi-Fi, when settings are changed the Hub stops/starts the Wi-Fi and this does leave you disconnected from the menu session. Removing the Hub's browser cookies does work for me but, I do have to wait until a new ( not logged in ) cookie is created to regain access and that take several minutes.  But Resets are not the only answer here - a little patience is equally effective & less destructive of the Hub's configuration.

lsgdjfsdfljgh
Joining in

As a software developer, this entire thread sounds insane. Why is there not a button to log out the other session? How bad a developer do you need to be to start writing that screen and not realise that button is going to be required? How bad a developer do you need to be to write an app that can only handle one session from the same user in the first place?

In fairness- how bad a _team_ do you need to be that even if a junior dev was doing that work, nobody picked it up?

How bad a company do you need to be that a years-long thread about the same problem has not resulted in a fix?

Clearing browser cache doesn't work- that would only work if the existing logged in session has a cookie in the current browser, and if that's the case why am I seeing a login screen at all? If the logged in session is in a browser on another machine- how would I know which one it is? What if the person who logged in isn't around?

In my case, there simply is no other logged in session- nobody has touched the router in months. This is clearly a software error.

I'm trying to fix this for my family, having begged them not to go with Virgin for exactly this sort of reason. The prices are good, the service is comedically bad.