cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New entry point for virgin media broadband

Silver5
Joining in

Hi all, I last had virgin media broadband about 8 years ago, and the connection is in the lounge, so I wanted advice that if I paid the £30 installation fee, would the installer be able to reposition it to my hallway on the same day, or would I need to contact virgin media to advise I need the connection point moving before the install date ? 
even though it’s been over 8 years I well remember it’s not a fun experience contacting virgin media over the phone to arrange these things. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a “new” connection and you are present, just ask the tech to install where you want it and remove the old redundant socket. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a “new” connection and you are present, just ask the tech to install where you want it and remove the old redundant socket. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Silver5
Joining in

Sorry I wasn’t clear, I have a existing point in the lounge and I wanted to have it moved to the hallway at the same time as having broadband supplied, I was last with virgin just over 8 years ago. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Adduxi is correct. Just tell the installing technician that you need your connection in a different place.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.