cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection

spideyreign
Joining in

Recently bought a house and everyone in the estate has virign. I can see the boxes across the road, i have since found out that my house isnt on the network.

I have spoke with several people via the sales team and they initially tried to put me through to the construction team which disconnected.

I then spoke with a lady who said that someone is arranged to come out on the 13th but she couldn't explain why or for what reason.

I've then spoke with someone else who flat out said that the house I have bought wont be connected at all, I was advised to just go with a different provider but they cant match the speeds. Is there anything that can be done?

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM have a fixed budget for new connections.  If connecting you means digging up the road to get to that box then you are out of luck. 

Have you checked when Openreach will be upgrading you to FTTP? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Bt shows that they have no plans for fttp, so looks like im stuck

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What's the first half of your postcode? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ne38

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You will get FTTP eventually. It's planned for your area but it could be a couple of years. 

- jpeg1

Thanks for checking, a just cant be on with slow speeds again!