cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WiFi Hub Installed and Free View Ariel Cable Has Been Cut

kathgodkin
Just joined

Hello, This morning we had a Hub installed, as a first time customer I was expecting everything to be great, but as we went to sit down in evening with the family, we turned the tv on to realise there was a no signal error showing on the screen. My son took a look, and we noticed that the ariel cable had been cut and the hole which it went in, is now being used for a cable linked to the hub.

Is there anything we can do, as i have spent atleast 40 minutes on the phone to a support team member and he was absolutely no help and did not suggest what i can do. I do not want to pay for a new cable & a cable installer either as we've just moved in and are limited on money. This is a joke!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM Person will respond soon.

If they did do as you claim then its unacceptable..

Can you post up a photo or two of the cut cable, the VM cable and that "hole" - as evidence of any damage the installers have done

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kathgodkin 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about what's happened 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @jbrennand 👍

Regards,
Daniel