Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to disconnect and waive ETC for poor no broadband

ibraheem80
Joining in

For and on behalf of sidra daar

Dear sirs/ madams 
We would like to inform you if very bad service and broadband disruptions constantly since the connection was taken up. 

Please can you help have this account closed with no fee as there is no working broadband. 

We contacted and my wife spoke to yourselves last month and we were told we can wait for the disconnections team till get in touch and disconnect the account after investigation of bad service. 

Now we are nowhere near resolution and it’s extremely stressful. 

Help?

Sent from my iPhone
5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long have you been with VM ?

Then, are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it (on its base sticker)?  What package are you on?

Finally, check first for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks very much for your answer. After months of to and fro— we ended moving to a different provider and now things are fine. We have ample opportunities to VM to resolve and now we called them to close the account but they are dragging their feet. Help?

if you are in contract be prepared for a bill to cover the rest of the contract - if you are talking to the idiots that man the offshore call centres you will get at best lies and stalling - they will do nothing - that is what they are trained to do

if you have given notice then it will likely be ignored and bills will keep arriving - customer service at VM is non existent 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for that bitter truth. I prefer bitter truth than a sweet lie. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this older post re. cancelling.  Do it in writing to be sure

See the link first -
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

1) if a new customer within the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to them at the address specified on the form (the Sunderland address?).

2) Or call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on… 020 3743 6947 or 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - - or some have used 020 3743 6947 - but no guarantee of getting through on these either though

3. If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a WhatsApp with a description of the cancellation to +447305 327 112

4. Cancel In writing (best way!) to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA
Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.\
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or or it will cause all sorts of issues you dont want.
---------------------
Send the letter by Royal Mail Guaranteed delivery and save a copy along with the proof of sending and the proof of delivery with signature.
Some information on cancelling & early disconnection fees are here...
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.