cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media App not working

SirRobbo
Tuning in

I can see this isn't the first time this has been an issue for My Virgin Media app users. I followed the instructions mentioned by a team member in a previous post (cleared app data and cache, deleted app, rebooted device, reinstalled app) but it's the same issue - "We're setting things up. Check back here once your services have been installed" (they were installed on Tuesday this week). I also can't log in online as I'm caught in a never ending "complete your profile" loop (see link to another users post about it here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unable-to-Access-New-Account-quot-C...

I just want to access my new Virgin Media account so that I can switch off parental controls.

This is my first Virgin account, I'm new to the UK and Virgin, unless you include the account that was opened a few weeks ago before my order was frozen by the Fraud Prevention Team - see my first ever post, thankfully this is resolved now. I don't know if that could be affecting things. 

Can a Virgin Team Member please offer assistance? I'm losing my mind here! 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod should pick this up and help sort your account out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod should pick this up and help sort your account out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SirRobbo 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the online account issue. There's an ongoing Move and Transfer issue with online accounts but I'll PM you now to help with the websafe.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks @John_GS. For those who may be having the same issue - what is being done to resolve the ongoing issue with registering accounts and setting up the app? Seems a pretty big flaw in the process for new account holders.

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. How can this be fixed?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there cbcb7676,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're facing problems with the app, can I ask is this relating to a new account?

Let us know,

Kain

Shaz19591
Just joined

Im same,ive been with virgin now for 5 month,when i sign in to my virgin media app alls it says is your waiting to be installed,IM NOT,ive been on for 5 month but it wont let me check bills and payments etc as its saying im not even on yet. Ive spoken to customer care but i get nowere,its really annoying me now. No1 seems to want to help,but i guess when im late paying a bill or something as i cant get on the app to check they will just bill me a late fee and thats it. 5 month ive been trying to sort this out and nothing. Cant check ANYTHING,as officially it says im still waiting for installation. Any help guys and gals? If its ring customer services and explain i have done over 10 times. Now i just havnt got the patience to call them again as its just the same answers and questions as the previous 10. Yes we will sort it,and here i still am.

Still the same here too. Almost 4 months. Nothing's changed. Appalling service.

Hi there @SirRobbo 

Thank you so much for popping back to us and I am so sorry that this issue is ongoing. 

Can I ask are you still getting the same 'We're setting thigs up message'? 

Yes. That's correct.